Beverley Duke-Young, LMFT CADCIII
820 NW 21 Ave, Suite B
Portland, OR 97209
Fax: (503) 230-1895
24 Hours: (503) 890-1620
Email: Beverley Duke-Young
Accepting new clients: Yes
Usual Office Hours:
I've been a practicing psychotherapist for over 20 years. It is a privilege to have you come in and be open to change for the better. I love to find ways to bring out the very best in people, helping them to be in touch with who they really are - their higher self as I describe it.
If you have never been to talk with a counselor, I assure you that I will do my best to help you feel safe and relaxed. As a seasoned therapist there is not much new that I haven't heard or helped people find ways to deal with and resolve in a more satisfactory manner. I value your trust in feeling you can share your burden and leave feeling better than when you came in. I don't think most people need endless sessions of therapy unless there has been serious traumas. Often just talking about things with someone who has no invested interest is very helpful. I work with you to make these decisions in what you are seeking.
I have dual degree: B.S. in Psychology and Sociology and a Master of Science in Counseling, Education & Psychology. I am licensed as a Marriage Counselor with many years of continuing educations in specialties in the field.
My approach is empathic and encouraging in helping people to heal their emotional pain. I help with stress relief, managing conflict in relationships, improving communication skills and empowerment to increase self-esteem and bring about healthy change in everyday life. I am experienced in working with survivors of childhood abuse, offer career and retirement and premarital counseling.
- stress relief,
- couples counseling (marital, premarital, divorce)
- communication skills
- adult Children of Dysfunctional Families
- career Counseling and retirement planning
- hypnosis and Guided Imagery, Dreamwork, Spiritual guidance
- Adolescent 15-19,
Usual and Customary Fee: $100 per 50 minute hour.
- This therapist offers a discount for payment at the time of service when there is no requirement for billing or other financial paperwork.
- Sliding scale to be determined dependent upon need $75 to $100.
Highest Degree Earned: Master of Science, Counseling Education & Psychological Foundations
Discipline: Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Certified Alcohol & Drug Counselor III
- Fetal Alcohol Exposure and the Brain
- Screening for Alcohol Problems - NIAAA publication
- Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Magellan Behavioral Health
- Providence Health Plan
- Regence BC/BS
- Reliant Behavioral Health (RBH)
- United Behavioral Health
- Out of Network
- APS Healthcare
- Behavioral Health Systems
- Cascade Health
- First Choice Health
- First Health
- Health Net
- Horizon Healthcare
- Integrated Health Plan