Darian Fleming, LCSW
Counseling & Consulting
1020 SW Taylor St. #635
Portland, OR 97205
5830 NE Alameda St.
Portland, OR 97213
Fax: (503) 522-3272
24 Hr Phone (503) 961-8180
Accepting new clients: Yes
Office Settings: Private Practice (solo)
Usual Office Hours:
NE Portland office hours: 2 to 5 pm on Wednesdays and 9 am to 5 pm on Fridays.
Downtown office hours: 8 am to 8 pm on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Is Life Getting You Down?
- Do you feel stuck in a relationship that is losing its meaning?
- Frustrated with unemployment or job dissatisfaction?
- Are you anxious about a situation you don’t know how to handle?
If issues like these are affecting your daily life, you may also feel overwhelmed, exhausted, or moody, which complicates solving your problems.
Call 503-522-3272 today to arrange a free 30-minute consultation.
During our initial face-to-face consult, we will explore whether we are a good fit by discussing your goals and my approach to counseling. I will also answer any questions you have about fees, insurance, and the methods I use.
I am a Survivor with a Fighting Spirit
"I am not what happens to me. I am what I choose to become." C.G. Jung, Swiss Psychologist
At age 2 I became ill with laryngeal tracheal bronchitis, which left me with legal blindness and acquired cerebral palsy. This is one of the reasons I have specialized in vocational counseling.
My experience with multiple disabilities gives me unique insight into providing counseling and coaching to people who have disabilities or chronic health conditions and their families and friends. If this describes you, we will work together toward finding job placement, community integration, and improved quality of life.
This is me jumping out of an Airplane
- Disability Management Across the Lifecycle
- Vocational Counseling
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Depression, Anxiety, Relationship and Women's Issues
- Adolescent 15-19
Usual and Customary Fee: $140.00 per 50 minute hour.
This therapist offers a discount for payment at the time of service when there is no requirement for billing or other financial paperwork.
My customary fee is $140 per hour. I charge $150 for an intake/assessment appointment.
I offer a free 30-minute consultation session during which we will discuss your needs, my fees and services and decide whether we may work effectively as a team.
I do offer scholarship slots for those who might not otherwise be able to afford therapy; if this is needed, please ask me about it during our first session.
Private Pay Clients
I charge $150 for an Intake Assessment appointment and $140 for a 50-minute appointment. My fees may vary depending on what your insurance company allows. In some cases I am able to modify my fees or offer scholarship slots. So we will discuss this during our initial appointment.
I am enrolled on a number of insurance panels. Please call me for the latest information on my status. If I am not in the process of enrolling with your carrier, simply let me know which company you are with and I will sign up. Alternatively, I may be able to bill your insurance out-of-network.
- American Behavioral Health
- Beacon Health (formerly Value Options)
- Behavioral Health Systems
- Ceridian Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Jorgensen Brooks
- MHN CA Healthnet
- Multnomah County
- National Association of Social Workers EAP
- Network Advantage – Workplace Options
- Oregon Health Authority (Medicaid)
- Providence PPO – Preferred
- Regence Blue Cross
- Reliant Behavioral Health (EAP)
- Reliant Behavioral Health (MBHO)
- Reliant – Pacific Source
- United Behavioral Health
Affiliations & Activities
- American Mental Health Alliance â€“ Oregon (AMHA-OR Metro)
- National Association of Social Workers
- American Council of the Blind
Highest Degree Earned: MSW
Discipline: Clinical Social Work, Nationally Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
- Specialty Training: Nationally Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- 2001-2004: Post baccalaureate Studies, Vocational Rehabilitation, Portland State University
- 1983: MSW, University of Washington
- 1979: BS, Child Development and Family Life
- Disability Management/Independent Living Counseling
- Developmental Disabilities/Family Support
- Support Groups for People With Disabilities
- Vocational Counseling
- Certified Work Readiness Alternatives Workshop Facilitator
- Parent Training and Support / StandUp Parenting Education Coordinator/2003-2006
- Child Abuse and Domestic Violence