Joyce Follingstad, PhD
Close-In East Portland
516 SE Morrison Suite 530
Portland, OR 97214
(503) 279-8160 #234
24hr Phone: (503) 279-8160 #234
Accepting new clients: Yes
Office Settings: Private Practice (solo)
Usual Office Hours: By Appointment only
Providing psychotherapy to people with
- anxiety and panic disorders
- interpersonal issues
- chronic medical and pain conditions
- work related conflicts
- bereavement issues
- visual problems and other disabilities.
- life transitions
- separation and divorce
- adjustment to recovery from use of alcohol and drugs
Helping both heterosexual and homosexual couples deal with relationship issues such as communication challenges and cross-cultural problems.
I offer a discount for payment at the time of service when there is no requirement for billing or other financial paperwork.
Highest Degree Earned: Ph.D.
- R.N., West Suburban Hospital, Oak Park, IL
- BS in Psychology, Portland State University; M.A. in Counseling Psychology, Lewis & Clark College
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, University of Oregon.
- Additional training in Hypnotherapy and Psychodrama.
More than 30 years mental health and nursing experience including 5 years inpatient chronic pain nursing,
20 years as rehabilitation nurse consultant to injured workers,
6 years inpatient psychiatric nursing, and
21 years experience in private practice as a counselor and then as a clinical psychologist.