Laurence Eckman, PMHNP LCSW
Inner East Portland
2311 East Burnside Street, Suite 100
Portland, OR 97214
24hr Phone (503) 492-2200
Accepting new clients: Yes
Office Settings: Private Practice (solo)
ANCC Board Certified. I see individuals and couples.
Specialties include ADHD/ADD, anxiety disorders, depression, communications, relationships, life coaching and life transitions.
- ANCC Board Certified as an Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner (APRN) to serve children, adolescents and adults.
- Additional trainings include EMDR - Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing and advanced certification in hypnotherapy.
I offer a discount for payment at the time of service when there is no requirement for billing or other financial paperwork.
Limited Sliding Scale Slots Available. Only These Insurance Plans Accepted: Blue Cross, Aetna, MODA, Pacific Source and Providence Preferred.
Professional Affiliations / Activities
- Children and Adults with ADHD
- Nurse Practitioners of Oregon
- Oregon Nurses Association
- National Association of Social Workers
- Oregon Mental Health Association
- Oregon Psychological Association
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
Dually licensed as a psych mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) and licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) affords me the expanded view of mental health from the physiological and psychological perspectives. That means I can offer both medication management and psychotherapy. This advantage can shorten the length of time one has to wait before moving towards improved health and well-being.
Highest Degree Earned: Masters Science in Nursing, Masters in Social Work
Discipline: Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Psychotherapist, Life Coach
Psychotherapist with experience in hospitals, community mental health centers, non-profit agencies and private practice. Decided to return back to further my education to better serve clients. Graduated from Vanderbilt University with Masters in Nursing which adds the medical background to my training. Combining these two diverse fields (psychology and medicine) affords me to see healing from the physical, mental and spiritual aspects.