Laurie L Crandall, LPC LMFT
1940 NE Broadway Street
Portland, OR 97232
1017 SW Morrison Street, Ste 202
Portland, OR 97205
Office Settings: Private Practice (solo)
- Professional Psychotherapy for tweens/adolescents, families, adults and couples.
- I offer empathy, support and collaborative challenge to create the possibility for greater mental wellness whether you are addressing depression and anxiety, relationship challenges, or ingrained patterns of behavior that are getting in the way.
- I believe that all people have internal resources and wisdom to develop, grow and experience more joy in their lives.
- I look at therapy as a collaborative process where we work together to explore, create, and deepen experience.
I offer professional psychotherapy for teens, families, couples and individuals. Therapy is different for each person, couple or family depending on who you are and what you are seeking - whether it is greater self understanding and acceptance, increased ability to cope effectively with anxiety and depression, wanting to change the way you fight with your partner, or creating more joy in your life. We'll focus on healing and work collaboratively to meet your needs. In therapy we'll explore the following:
- stories about your life and ways of thinking
- emotions and your ability to tune into, understand and express them
- your bodily experience of your emotions and thoughts
- creating a different experience of safety, acceptance and understanding in order to create new possibilities
I am interested in resiliency, whole-person development, mindfulness practices, and wellness. My work is informed by attachment and neurobiology as they relate to relationships and how humans live and interact. As a family therapist, I have a family systems approach to our work.
I have additional Training in: Collaborative Problem Solving; Neurobiology; Trauma-informed Therapy; Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy; Pragmatic Experiential Couples Therapy; Gottman Couples Therapy; Crisis Intervention; and Suicide Prevention. I have interest and training in working with foster and adoptive families and children in regards to creating attachment, connection and structure.
- Adolescent 12-15
- Adolescent 15-19
- Gay Couple
- Lesbian Couple
Usual and Customary Fee: $120.00 per 50 minute hour.
- No Cost initial 15 minute consultation.
- I have a limited number of reduced-rate appointments available for people with financial need. If you have concerns about your ability to afford fees, please speak with me.
Education & Training
Highest Degree Earned: Master of Arts
Discipline: Family and Individual Therapy
I have a Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology from Lewis and Clark College in Portland, Oregon. I studied Marriage (Couple) and Family Therapy as well as Individual Counseling. I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and a Licensed Professional Counselor. I have a specialization in Addiction Studies. I hold a BA in Journalism from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Professional Affiliations / Activities:
- AMHA-OR Metro
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapist (AAMFT)
- Oregon Association of Marriage and Family Therapists