Richard Rountree, PhD
9 Monroe Parkway, Suite 280
Lake Oswego, OR 97035
24hr Phone (503) 635-9281
Accepting new clients: Yes
Office Settings: Private Practice (solo)
Usual Office Hours: By appointment only
Drawing on Cognitive, Experiential and Humanistic perspectives in psychology I strive to provide an emotionally supportive and safe environment in which to assist men and women (18 years and older) in their efforts to resolve personal problems, alleviate emotional distress, and discover more satisfying ways to live.
I primarily work with individuals and couples and have particular interest in working with people who are dealing with
- stressful life circumstances
- chronic health problems
- marital and relationship problems
- improved communication
- stress reduction
- conflict resolution
- The customary fee for the first session is $200.
- Subsequent sessions are billed at $150.
- Discounts are available based on need.
- This therapist offers a discount for payment at the time of service when there is no requirement for billing or other financial paperwork
Highest Degree Earned: Ph.D.
I earned a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at the University of Tulsa in 1978, I began graduate work in psychology at Oklahoma State University in 1982, completed a Masters degree in 1984.
Following internship at the Portland VA Medical Center and residency in community mental health, I received a Ph.D. in 1989.
I have broad experience working with people from all walks of life and varied backgrounds including inpatient and residential treatment, psychological testing and assessment, group therapy, military veterans, marriage and family counseling. I also provide consultation services to other mental health professionals in the community.
Professional Affiliations & Activities
- American Psychological Association
- Portland Academy of Hypnosis, President 1998-1999
- Oregon Psychological Association
- American Mental Health Alliance